- As a Principal of Tungsten, Jake brings experience from investment banking, corporate governance, and start-ups.
- Jake also serves as a Director on the Board of Sports Illustrated Tickets, which began with an intellectual property purchase out of receivership and relaunch with new management team and capital.
- Jake started his career in high yield alternative assets at Paine Webber followed by Morgan Stanley.
- Jake then spent ~10 years across the high yield and M&A group at Morgan Stanley.
- Jake went on to join Bank of America, Deutsche Bank, Houlihan Lokey, and Brean Capital and over the next ~15 years, focused on leveraged buyouts, shareholder activist defense, shareholder activism advisory, restructurings, rescue/turnaround capital investing/advising, structured credit, and growth capital.
- Across Jake’s various investment banking roles, his sector focus has included life sciences and medical devices.
- Jake has also invested in various dental and medical device companies and a medical specialty practice with a telemedicine delivery model in the non-third-party payor specialist sector.
EDUCATION + CERTIFICATION
- BBA in Accounting from The University of Texas at Austin.
- MPA from The University of Texas at Austin.